Craig's Chlamy* Corner
*aka "The Cockroach of the Algae World"
I've put together some HTML-ized versions of methods used in the
- Southern Blot
- A Chlamy DNA prep that
includes a CsCl centrifugation step.
- A moderate-scale Phage DNA prep.
- A protocol for end labeling T3/T7
probes for doing restriction mapping of lambda clones.
- A large scale Cosmid DNA prep.
- A plasmid miniprep.
- A large scale CsCl plasmid prep.
- A large scale BAC prep.
- A medium scale BAC prep. This
is an improved version of the above protocol. In my hands the DNA
obtained from a large scale prep is not stable enough to last until
it is all used up, so I've started using the much smaller version
of the protocol.
- An Autolysin Prep and
- Recipes for some standard chlamy
- A short protocol on preparing
- A protocol for making DIG-labeled
RNA probes from BAC DNA to aid in walking through the BAC library.
- By popular demand I have HTML-ized an
RNA preparation protocol
used by some of the folks in our lab. The original version of this
protocol was faxed to our in lab 1995 by someone in the Witman lab.
- An RNA gel protocol.
This page is, as always, Copyright (c) 1998 by Craig D. Amundsen. All rights