I’ve put together some HTML-ized versions of methods used in the Lefebvre/Silflow Complex.
- Southern Blot
- A Chlamy DNA prep that includes a CsCl centrifugation step.
- A moderate-scale Phage DNA prep.
- A protocol for end labeling T3/T7 probes for doing restriction mapping of lambda clones.
- A large scale Cosmid DNA prep.
- A plasmid miniprep.
- A large scale CsCl plasmid prep.
- A large scale BAC prep.
- A medium scale BAC prep. This is an improved version of the above protocol. In my hands the DNA obtained from a large scale prep is not stable enough to last until it is all used up, so I’ve started using the much smaller version of the protocol.
- An Autolysin Prep and Assay protocol.
- Recipes for some standard chlamy media.
- A short protocol on preparing bacteria for electroporation.
- A protocol for making DIG-labeled RNA probes from BAC DNA to aid in walking through the BAC library.
- By popular demand I have HTML-ized an RNA preparation protocol used by some of the folks in our lab. The original version of this protocol was faxed to our in lab 1995 by someone in the Witman lab.
- An RNA gel protocol.
This page is, as always, Copyright (c) 1998 by Craig D. Amundsen. All rights reserved.