* The listed price of $30.00 for cultures and plasmids is for academic and non-profit users. Commercial and industrial users are charged $300.00 for each strain or plasmid and twice the listed price for media components. BACs and fosmids are $50.00 for academic and non-profit users and $500 for commercial/industry. For the Jonikas CLiP mutants, the price is $100.00 each for academic and non-profit users and commercial and industrial users are charged $1000.00. Subscriptions cannot be used for CLiP mutants, BACs nor fosmids.
The BAC library was made from DNA from strain CC-503, the same strain sequenced by JGI. The DNA was partially digested with HindIII. The BAC vector is modified from pBeloBAC 11. Construction of the library is described here: Construction of BAC Library (PDF).
- BAC end sequences obtained by JGI are aligned with the genome sequence under JBrowse. For ver5.5 sequence, the BAC clones are displayed on the “BLAST-aligned BAC and fosmid end reads” track. The PTQ sequences are BAC end sequences. The two ends of a BAC clone are labeled .x1 and .y1.
- To convert a BAC end sequence name to the BAC library clone, use this tool: https://www.chlamycollection.org/resources/tools/bac-converter/
Note: Only numerical entries should be used, e.g. PTQ5610.x1 becomes 5610.
- Molecular markers on the chromosomes were hybridized to the BAC clone library to identify overlapping “contigs” of BAC clones. https://www.chlamycollection.org/resources/maps/nuclear-maps/
- BAC clones in each contig were aligned by comparison of restriction fragments. https://www.chlamycollection.org/resources/maps/bac-maps/
- To determine if your BAC of interest has been placed in a contig with other BACs, go to https://www.chlamycollection.org/BAC/MARKER_index.htm and search using your browser’s “find” function.
To order, cut and paste the BAC/well number (Example: 34B7 or 1H21) into the boxes below.