INTERESTED IN A GREAT POST-PH.D. EXPERIENCE WITH MENTORING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
The Merchant Lab in the University of California Berkeley’s Institute for Quantitative Biosciences seeks to hire a post-doctoral researcher.
Mechanism of nutritional Cu signalling. The successful candidate will use reverse genetics, comparative genomics, metal sensors and reporters and biochemistry to understand how Chlamydomonas measures Cu availability. Experience with Chlamydomonas, especially molecular biology and genome engineering is desirable.
Gene targeting for reverse genetics and synthetic biology in algae. The successful candidate will develop a green alga, Auxenochlorella, as a platform for reverse genetics and synthetic biology. Reverse genetics and gene targeting is facile in this system. The post-doctoral researcher will reconstitute the Chlamydomonas Cu regulon in Auxenochlorella, including Cu signalling, the transcription factor and Cu sparing.
Both projects are funded by NIH
Start dates flexible, summer or fall 2022
- Ph.D. in a chemical or life science with no more than 2 years post- Ph.D. experience.
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- We are seeking respectful, compassionate teammates with enthusiasm for learning, curiosity about the natural world, and commitment to scientific integrity. To apply:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A cover letter (briefly describe your interests, educational path, and past scientific experiences, and indicate which position is of interest and why)
- Your CV/resume with publication list
- Contact info for 3 references